Sunday, July 20, 2014

Experimenting with found objects...



Its an exhilarating feeling- when you feel free of all the conventions and restraints that come with doing a certain piece. No longer are you concerned about whether it looks pretty or neat but more about how you work with the material and whether it liberates you in the process. Generally I have often stayed away from cardboard or other "found" material as I often wonder about the aesthetics of the artwork and the possible diluting of the artwork's potential in the meantime. But I remember a valuable piece of advice my own teachers told me in college- try every material and try everything-big or small. Never be afraid of making mistakes or even risking the destruction of the work. These words have remained etched in my mind and I have searched for ways as how to use the materials and today I am doing just that. Enjoying the experiments...


No comments:

Post a Comment